A picture is worth a thousand words! The more attractive your images are, the more they get the attention of your viewers. That's how the magic of Pinterest works to get more traffic to your blog and website, when viewers Pin, Add to Favorites and Repin your images. But have you linked your blog post image correctly, when you upload them on Pinterest?
Recently, I checked my Pinterest blog images that were uploaded directly on Pinterest. I noticed the images were linked to my blog, but does not link directly to the blog post url. This has to be done manually.
When a visitor clicks your blog post image on Pinterest, it should take them directly to the blog post and not to your blog homepage.
Below are the guidelines to ensure that your blog post image is linked correctly on Pinterest, so as to drive traffic back to your blog:
- Upload your blog image directly on Pinterest
- Enter the title, description and keywords.
- SAVE the image
- When you hover your mouse over the image, you would notice a 'pencil icon' on the top right corner, as shown in the image below.
- Click on the 'pencil icon' and add your blog post link in the space provided for 'Website'.
- Save the image once again.
Many of us would have to failed to notice this feature. But aren't we leaving behind a plethora of wealth? Make it a point to link your images on Pinterest back to your blog posts and web pages.